Sunday, September 19, 2010

Turtle Beach Ear Force Z2 - First Impressions



I have to say, this seems like a pretty high quality piece of technology. The durability seems higher than some other others I've used, and the comfort is definitely much higher (although the 'over the ear' design does make my head get kinda hot, haha). The sound quality is better than the $80 TRITTON headset I bought (the AX 180), and considering these are $50 on Amazon and Newegg, I'd say that's a pretty nice perk.

The only problem is, there is no separate volume dial for the game sound and voice sound. Instead, they're just controlled by one general dial. Now, that isn't so bad when the game lets you turn down the volume in the options, but in the case of Halo: Reach which doesn't have that ability, it's pretty damn hard to hear people.

I have yet to figure out how to make it so that the voice sound goes to the headset while the game sound goes to my surround sound, but that would fix the issue. That is what that blasted AX 180 headset did, and yet I don't think its possible with the Z2, sadly. So I might just sell it off to my brother, who needs a headset for more than just voices, as he has no sound system.

Still, all in all, I recommend this headset. It gets my seal of approval.

7 comments: